Thursday, May 1, 2008

Johnson, Not Just the 36th President

Last year while co-teaching, D and I experienced one of those days when we were like, "...this is why I love teaching here." After something she said in class another student said, "That's what she said." That is a classic. It always makes us laugh, more so when a student says it. Then one of our other students says, "Why is that funny? I don't get." Being dedicated to the educational process we took about 5 minutes to explain to J exactly what it means when someone should or does say, "That's what she said." It was hi-lar-i-ous!

I had one of those moments today during my 5/6th period U.S. History class. We were discussing the Vietnam War (snore).

Me: ...so after reading that paragraph when did the first American attack on Vietnam take place? RAISE YOUR HAND!

B: February 1965

Me: Good. Now, RAISE YOUR HAND and tell me who ordered that attack.

Now as I go to call on J to answer this question

B: as quickly as he can before J answers- I have a big...

J: Johnson

I think I peed a little while I laughed.

2 comments:

Kathleen Ryan said...

You should set them up for other presidential last name puns...Fillmore...Polk...Bush.

Jennifer said...

Oh, I have a good one that deserves a post.