Sunday, March 23, 2008

In the beginning...

I tell stories. This is what I do. I love to do it. My friend Kathy tells me I would be good at blogging because I have so many good stories. This was two years ago. I knew it was bad when last week I sent her something to put on her blog as a "Guest Blogger". I know, sad.

I am a mother. This is also what I do. I love being a mother though this is infinitely harder as the years go by. D and J (The Boys) bring an enormous amount of joy/tears to my life. I am proud to be their mom.

I am a wife. This is also what I do. J is a great husband who, besides being my best friend puts up with my insanity, also brings me Diet Cokes whenever I ask and peels my oranges for me. I can't decide which is better. My family always tells him, "J you picked her. We're stuck with her." To whit he responds, "I wouldn't have it any other way." Or something to that effect.

I am a teacher. This is also what I do. I love being a teacher. More importantly I love where I teach. In what I commonly refer to as a suburban school with an urban population, I have truly found my niche. This school is over 85% minorities and 200% personality and while their love for learning is not where our fearless leader claims it should be, I am blessed to have them (even the bangers) in my life. You will get to know them over time. Their comments are hysterical and their journals even better. Those postings will have you peeing.

I am a student. This is also what I do. I love being in school. I am currently seeking my Type 75 which to those not in "the biz", I want to become an administrator. School was NEVER easy for me, yet as an adult I find it so rewarding. You know how people ask you "What was the most important moment of your life"? Most people say the birth of their children or the day they got married. I am not most people. Mine is the day I graduated from college then grad school. I accomplished these milestones in my life on my own terms with only myself to rely on (minus the help editing numerous papers by mom). All in all, I love pomp and circumstance.

I am a daughter. This is also what I do. My mom is a retired teacher/chauffeur to The Boys. My dad is a retired school administrator. More on my choice to become a teacher later.

I am a sister. This is also what I do. Geebs is a great brother and even better attorney. Well, at least I think so. I haven't needed a divorce... though he was my attorney when we refinanced but I didn't get to see him in all his Alan Shore glory. Though from what I can gather he is quite good and we are all proud...minus the whole I heart Republicans thing.

So now, let's begin...

No comments: