Friday, March 28, 2008

Suit Up!

Because I am too neurotic for words, last night we began the search for the coveted First Communion suit that we will need in May. I have quite the expectations for this suit. If I had it my way I would get him a seersucker suit so that he would look like a page out of a Ralph Lauren catalog. This is not possible for two reasons. 1. I don't want him getting beat up in the church parking lot for looking like a "dork". 2. We have had to shop in the "husky" section and that is just a whole lotta seersuckerness.

On our sojourn to JC Penny we found many a husky suits. I have my opinions about this suit believe you me, but so does D. He wants black. I say, this isn't a funeral you get blue, tan or grey. However, I realize that getting him to wear this damn thing is more important. D was so excited trying these on. He could tell he was a "big boy". My dad told me in the dressing room while trying on the pants D said, "Pa, I think I put on a little weight." He has thanks to this. So now thanks to this the weight gain has slowed down.

In typical Jen fashion, the suit we purchased would not be the be all and end all. Sure there was more to see. Carson's...no. Von Maur...no. Nordstrom...yes, for $260. My husband thinks I am nuts. I think my brother is paying so why should I care (he is the Godfather). Yes, it is extravagant, but it is a beautiful suit. Perhaps in 6 years J can wear it?

We didn't buy it, but we did buy the shirt and tie and shoes at Nordstrom. If D had it his way we would have gotten a pair of black Crocs and called it a day. You should of heard D looking at the ties. With is hand rubbing his chin in deep thought he says to the 20 something salesman, "Hmmmm...I need something fashionable." I was all for this red number that just screamed "Body of Christ". He ended up with a yellow one that is nice but not as bold as the red. I almost got him to get a purple one but no luck.

I would like to say this trip is over, but I know myself better than that. My dad was online looking today for more choices. He found some for $600 plus. I say $260 is a bargain.

No comments: