Wednesday, August 6, 2008

Brother Can You Spare A Dime?

Ahhhhh yes it's that time again! Working with the members of my team was quite the treat today. We have a new member with whom I am quite excited to be working with this year. She has been in the district for several years, but in a different building and was calling to task two of my favorite team members. It was AWESOME. She was all, "Uh, T? M? Do you have anything to share? I can't do this alone!" Oh M#2, where have you been all my life? You say things that I think. This is going to be a good year!

While we were working on a goal today M#2 and I started to think about how my subject matter (U.S. History) and her subject matter (English) overlap in themes. Since U.S. History moves at the speed of sound it was difficult to get some interdisciplinary units going, but we did decide that we could chose a theme. One idea we had was, change. What drives change? Why do people seek change? We were feeling pretty good about this while M#1 and T were chatting up their subjects.

M#2 begins to explain to M#1 and T what we were talking about. She mentions we would like to focus first semester around the common thread of change. M#1 looks at her square in the face and I shit you not says, "Change? Like loose change in your pockets? How does that go across the curriculum?" Yes, M#1 loose change that is exactly what we are talking about!

When I began to laugh she was all, "Well how was I supposed to know what you two were talking about?" I felt like saying something snide and sarcastic but I resisted, I will take the high road this year....well at least until October.

No comments: