Thursday, August 28, 2008

I Gave Him My Heart & Got No Pen

Saturday my good friend B got tix to the Cubs game. It was a great day for baseball and even better because they kicked the Nationals butts. The best part of this game by far was the singing of the 7th inning stretch. To my utter surprise John Cusack aka "The Man I Can Cheat On My Husband With" sang. Luckily, we were sitting near the press box and I was at the ready for this awesome picture.











He's the one in the Cubs jersey...I SWEAR. I was hoping he would be walking in the other direction on the ramp where I would take a much more awesome picture but no such luck.

I was dying! I mean and Jeremy got off lucky! Here I was 20 feet from the man I could potentially have a one night stand with and yet it was not meant to be or was it?

After the win we were standing on Clark waiting for the shuttle back to the parking lot and a security guard was clearing the way when out of nowhere John, on a scooter, was leaving the VIP lot, looked at me and said, "Excuse Me". Mom was nervously shuffling through her purse looking for the camera but we weren't quick enough. In a flash he scooted off with who I think was Dr. Cox from Scrubs.

This was quite possibly the most exciting thing I ever experienced. I know I chicken shitted out and didn't "say anything" to him, but I was in shock and what could I have said that wouldn't have sounded totally lame. Especially something like this, "I totally have a blog named after you Lloyd Dabler!"

No comments: