Saturday, April 26, 2008

Alone Again, Naturally (A Week Later)

My husband left for Germany exactly one week ago. He will return in exactly two hours. Nothing reminds you how much you appreciate your husband like a one week trip to Frankfurt, Germany. I must give a shout out to working single mothers because I am not made from that stock. I am exhausted. I give these heroes credit for having the strength to say, "I can do this on my own".

The boys had swimming this morning and I had every intention of taking them. I could not drag myself out of bed. I told my mom last night it was no big deal; if Jeremy can do it so can I. Swimming on Saturdays has been the one thing I wash my hands of and leave to him because of all the other running around I do during the week. The alarm went off this morning and I said, "Nah".

Since his departure we...
1. Spent significant dollars at Target (quite honestly this would have been done regardless)
2. Ate dinner at McDonald's...Panera for me
3. Visited Auntie Judy
4. Went to DQ with said aunt
5. Took D to first communion retreat
6. Spent significant dollars at DSW...I was lonely. Shoes comfort me. Don't you dare judge!
7. Bought boys JC Penny summer clothes
8. Picked up D from said retreat
9. Did loads of grad school homework
10. Did loads of friggin' laundry my husband didn't put away and now will certainly bring more home to do
11. 3 dishwasher loads see same reason for #10
12. Made my own lunch and ironed own clothes...worst part of husband's departure
13. Had department meeting Monday
14. D to podiatrist (thanks Grammie) to diagnose plantar faciatis and some other foot muscle thing and needs orthodics for
15. Experienced state testing for sophomores
16. Went outside to do some work at work with colleagues on a lovely day...burnt to crisp
17. Experienced reality store for sophomores. They get play money according to a job they aspire to and must go around buying the essentials to see what life would be like.
18. Took 350 sophomores to the auditorium to watch Glory Road...BAD IDEA
19. Snapped at a co-worker who had it coming... I think I did that one twice
20. Got highlights and low-lights
21. J to speech therapy (thanks Grammie)
22. D to Dr. Aimee (thanks Grammie)
23. D to group therapy (thanks Grammie)
24. Watched Peter Jennings The Century, "Poisoned Dreams" with 4 classes of sophomores
25. Spent significant dollars at Target...yes again
26. Took boys to MacDonald's...yes again
27. Threw away an ass load of papers my husband leaves piled around the house.
28. Talked to my favorite uncle on the phone last night for almost 2 hours...oh UK you are the best!

Now, I must shower to meet hubby at Woodfield where we will take the boys to Rain Forest Cafe and D to his new obsession that he sort of heard about at school and then managed to find it on the Internet. And his test scores say he is of average intelligence. Pi-shaw, I say.

No comments: