Sunday, June 8, 2008

Co-ed, Mother & Wife

Tomorrow begins a fun-filled four weeks of grad school from 8:00-4:00. Back when I was working on my first Maters I took classes in the summer of '03 and '04. I was the mother of one back then and Grammie so kindly took care of D so we could save money on daycare. Though not my first choice of things to do in the summer it wasn't so bad. It was only three and a half hours and three days a week. I was able to finish my Masters in two years; graduated 7.5 months pregnant and thought, "Good for me!"

While home on my maternity leave in the Fall of '05 I thought I could go back for my Type 75 (the type you need to be a principal). I put it off and last March began my quest. I decided not to go for another Masters because really there is no benefit, monetarily or otherwise. The nice thing about where I am getting my Type 75 is they are on trimesters. I can get 3 classes done a year and I only need 10 classes total. As of today, I am half way done.

Summer would bring more classes. Last summer I took School Law. For those of you who love this movie...boraphyll! Grammie watched both boys, but I think it was a little much. J is active to say the least and keeping up with him outside of his own environment is difficult for a woman in her ______years.

This summer I am taking two classes. While I am dreading it, on July 2nd I will be only 3 classes away from my Type 75 and will have done so in less than 2 years. D does not do well at daycare. One of the teachers he just doesn't jive with and him being there all day could be a recipe for disaster. We have been asked to leave two daycares because of his issues and I can't put any of us through that again. I asked him to go to camp at our gym. There were tears about mean kids and camp counselors who don't care. I could have put him at the Special Ed park district day camp but I don't know if that is exactly what he needs either. So off to Grammie's he went this afternoon. Grammie and Pa bought him new bike and hopefully he won't fight them too much on that front. J will be attending the daycare for the next few weeks. On an up note he is pretty much potty trained there...home he just can't be bothered he says, "No thanks. No potty". Fast forward 10 minutes to Diego or Transformer underwear with a mud pie. This is one phase that I would love to just skip!

Which leaves me to how I feel at 9:26 the night before class. I am dreading it. I just want to get it over with! The anxiety about what I will have to read, write, collaborate with and all the other crap that goes along with grad school is killing me. I can guarantee a Super Big Gulp Margarita in my future on July 2nd!

No comments: