Saturday, June 7, 2008

Reading Corner


It is so weird to me how I can have two children that are at times so much alike and other times so different. For about two months now J has taken a liking to this Dr. Seuss favorite. Always asking us to read it to him. J has always been of a fan of reading. He will sit in the corner and "read" lots of books at a time. Today he sat down on the recliner grabbed his favorite book and said, "Dr. Seuss's A B C book". Turned the page and on the inside cover is the same thing and he replied, "Dr. Seuss's A B C book". It was so cute he then began to read the first three pages up to "Donuts and a duck dog D...D...D..
D was never a fan of sit and listen to this book I will read you. I would often read and he would meander around the room. However, he was our little computer baby. He memorized the entire Dr. Seuss's Cat in the Hat by reading it on the computer and then found the book on the shelf and read the entire thing cover to cover at age 3.
I am quite lucky to have kids who enjoy reading in some way. They certainly did not get that from me. When I was a kid my mom practically had to force me to read. I absolutely hated it. As an adult I love to read but with grad school I don't seem to have the time. Well, perhaps I could stop watching reruns of shows I have seen but that just isn't as fun.

No comments: