Monday, June 23, 2008

Motivational Posters


I am sure many of you have seen these posters in e-mails. They make me chuckle for sure. There are a few that some might feel are offensive, so I put one of the tame ones here. However, there are a few with some overweight people that while humorous, I can't help but feel bad because they are after all people who, either knowingly or not, have their picture floating around in an unflattering picture with words like Mooseknuckle written underneath.

Anyway my point is this. You know how sometimes the news has stories about obesity, heart disease or any other ailment associated with overweightedness and they show people walking down the sidewalk from about mid chest down? This, I suppose, is to illustrate that overweight people walk down the street everyday and we live amongst them because if they did do a news story without a graphic of overweight people I am sure many of us would not be clear as to what "they" look like.

Back to my point... I seriously worry that one day I will be watching the news and one of those stories will come on and I will be like, "Holy Shit, that is me walking down the street!" I don't know if that would kick my ass to workout a little harder but until then I will happily sit here on my computer doing nothing to avoid that ever happening.




No comments: